Blue/Orange is a densely written, entrancingly knotty and funny play that blends discussion of society’s treatment of its mentally ill with differing views on the ways in which race and mental health intersect. This was the Canadian premiere production.
Photos by Tim Matheson (click an image for full size)
Cleverly staged and well acted, Penhall’s award-winning script deftly welds race issues to office politics, medical ethics and morality without allowing the plot to yield once to grand proclamations that would certainly seem out of place in the tight drama he has crafted…
—Dan Rowe, Vancouver Sun
Without a doubt, this production will be one of the smartest, funniest, most compelling shows you’ll have a chance to see this summer.
—Colin Thomas, Georgia Straight
Artistic and Production Personnel
- Directed by Richard Wolfe
- Starring: Eric Schneider, Kevin Williamson and Kwesi Amayaw
- Set Design by Jamie Skidmore
- Lighting Design by Paul Armstrong
- Costume Design by Sandy Buck
- Original music by local jazz artists JP Carter (trumpet) and Sky Brooks (drums)
- Illustrations by Victor Bonderoff